Thursday, August 27, 2009

Penguin Rescue: an update on Ms 349

Big shout out to the big-hearted people at SANCCOB!

I'm thrilled to let you know that Venessa Strauss, CEO of SANCCOB just wrote to me to tell me that our little penguin heroine, 'Ms 349', is still fighting.(See my article Penguin Rescue dated 18 August for pics and full story).

According to Venessa, Ms 349, as she has become affectionately known to my colleagues at Cambridge University Press, is still quite weak, but her chest infection has cleared up a bit.

She may be ready to move from what appears to be an intensive medical care ward for penguins, to a general ward, so to speak, within a week or so. I will write a further update then. The adoption papers and photo will be sent once she's ready for release back into the wild!

No comments:

Post a Comment